Next date 20/21 January 2018 in Brighton 1 Space left. Bookings now open for the 17/18 March 2018 Brighton
Excellent for reducing anxiety and managing stress whilst enhancing confidence and self esteem.
The Relaxation, Meditation and Mindfulness diploma teaches individuals and health professionals to become qualified instructors of relaxation, meditation, and mindfulness. It has been designed to give you the tools you'll need to be a competent instructor, helping both yourself and others down the path toward relaxation, enhanced well-being and effective meditation practice.
On this course in Relaxation, Meditation, and Mindfulness students learn how to teach relaxation, meditation, and mindfulness individually and to groups. Techniques include:
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Inductions to relaxation - pausing the Sympathetic Nervous System (fight or flight) and Elicting the Para Sympathetic Nervous System
- Breathing exercises (4 techniques)
- Imagery (two sequences)
- Become aware of the Conscouisness and how we can have a say in our well-being by how we think, speak and act
- Mindfulness (6 Practices) including object, eating, walking, gazing, breathing utilizing the senses using the qualities of beginner mind, curiosity and gratitude
- How to teach techniques to a group
- How to run meditation and relaxation workshops
Module 1 - We start by building a solid foundation in your understanding of:
1.1 Meditation Practice and its origination
1.2 Proven Scientific benefits of Meditation
1.3 Types of Meditation and Mindfulness Practice
1.4 Practice Techniques to reduce stress and elicit relaxation
1.5 Transformation happens in the heart not the head - what happens after the 'philosophical shift?'
1.6 Structuring your meditation practice and understanding the importance of posture
1.7 Cultivating awareness of your internal chatter.
1.8 Exploring your 'Brand' and 'Letting Go' of parts of your story which do not serve you.
Module 2 - we build on this foundation by exploring and practicing more in depth concepts, including...
2.1 Integrating Meditation Practice with Life's Daily Activities
2.2 Culitivating Presence and connecting with the miracle of nature including the yourself!
2.3 Examining how our thoughts determine how we feel and how we feel determines how we act
2.4 Dealing with resistance to meditation
2.5 Coaching Mindfulness Techniques - Breathe Awareness Techniques - Meditation Techniques including imagergy and metphor
2.6 The Mindset = cultivating the qualities of 'beginner mind, humility, curiosity, surrender, acceptence, trust, patience, compassion and willingness
Module 3 – Develops the promotion of relaxation, meditation and mindfulness as excellent tools for stress reduction and enhanced wellbeing. We also cover a variety of practical material related to your work as a Instructor, including...
3.1 Principles of instruction - principally the qualities of the teacher reflecting what the practictioner wishes to cultivate themselves in learning
3.2 Exploring Consciousness and conditioning - recognising thoughts are not facts
3.3 Communicating the Benefits of Meditation
3.4 How to use meditation and mindfulness for quick and easy stress reduction
3.5 Planning Meditation Classes and/or Private Instruction
3.6 Communicating with your students the benefits of meditation/mindfulness
3.7 Promoting your Meditation Instruction Services
Accredited Post Graduate Qualification in Relaxation, Meditation, Mindfulness requires 75 hours of learning and 16 hours of supervised skills development.
Assessment for the Diploma in Relaxation, Meditation and Mindfulness occurs through:
1. Supervised skills development practice
2. Two Session Plan Outline (one flyer detailing course and one week of that course set out in detail e.g. running order, handouts, scripts, housekeeping homework etc.,)
3. Delivery of 10 minute relaxation session
4. Reflective learning journal
5. Record of Fifteen to twenty minutes of personal practice twice daily for six weeks.
6. Two book reviews, from a reading list A4
7. Production of a recording (C.D.) of progressive relaxation and guided meditation.
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants need to: Have acceptable qualifications, in related areas e.g. health professionals, HR professionals and those working in the field of physical, mental or emotional well-being. Or be able to demonstrate that their accumulated knowledge and skills is equal to the requirements of the above.
Complementary Therapists Association
CThA Approved Core Therapy Status
Benefits – 10 CPD points
All students that obtain a CThA Approved Core Therapy qualification will automatically be accepted as members.
All Approved Core Therapy or Advanced Training therapies are automatically accepted for addition to the professional’s register of treatments and will be covered by CTHA's insurance provider.